Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Originality: This article has not been previously published elsewhere, nor has it been sent to any other publisher for publication.
- Language: Manuscript is prepared in Turkish or English language. The text was checked for grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, and punctuation.
- File Format: The manuscript has been written in Microsoft Word format and does not exceed 8 MB in size.
- Article Length: Article length is between 5.000 (min) and 8.000 (max) words including abstract, references, tables, footnotes, and appendices.
- Article Title: The length of the article title is not more than 10 words.
- Abstract: The length of the abstract is not more than 300 words.
- Keywords: Keywords (4 to 7) have been identified.
- Font Type, Size, and Spacing: Times New Roman font with the size of 12 and 1.5 line spacing is used.
- Headings: Level 1 headings are bold and 12 pt; level 2 headings are bold, italic, and 12 pt; level 3 and level 4 headings are italic and not bold. The text begins in the following line after the level 1, 2, and 3 headings and in the same line after level 4 headings (after punctuation).
- Tables and Figures: Tables and Figures contain Titles and Numbers. Figures are in tiff, .jpeg, or .bmp formats with at least 300dpi resolution and minimum 10cm wide. All tables and figures are referred to in the text.
- References: References are prepared in Chicago style. All citations and references in the text are included in the References list at the end of the text. All entries of the References list are referred to or cited in the text.
Manuscripts submitted to the CJAS should not have been previously published, nor currently under review of another journal. The total length of any manuscript submitted should be between 5,000 and 8,000 words in terms of the journal’s publication format. This includes the title, abstracts in Turkish and English, key words, footnotes and references.
Please prepare your manuscript using our Template.
There is no submission fee or article processing charges (APC) for the submitted articles.
All articles submitted to CJAS are subject to double-blind peer review process.
Once accepted for publication, the articles will be fully open access under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
The manuscripts should be prepared according to the general rules of the journal in order to be sent to the referees. Otherwise the manuscript could be rejected. After the initial review of the editorial board, all manuscripts submitted to the journal are sent to two reviewers. According to the reviews sent by the peers, manuscripts may be accepted for publication, corrections may be requested, manuscripts may be rejected, or may be sent to another reviewer.
If corrections are requested, after having been corrected, the corrected manuscripts must be returned to the editorial board within a month at the latest.
It is assumed that a final spellcheck of manuscripts submitted to the journal has been made and that the manuscript submitted via our Manuscript Submission System is in a state ready to be published. After manuscripts have been submitted, they will not be sent back to the author for editorial corrections. Hence, a greater than usual number of spelling mistakes may lead to the manuscript’s being rejected.
The length of review essays is between 1.500-10.000 words.
Manuscripts should be sent as .doc or .docx files.
All manuscripts are published open access in this journal.
CJAS screens all submitted articles using web-based plagiarism software.
Book reviews should be between 750 and 1.500 words.
Reviews of books published in the last 3 years are acceptable for publication in CJAS.
Publishing and copyright policy of CJAS
Every material published in CJAS is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0).
The articles are assigned the following identifiers:
- A digital object identifier (DOI)
- Handles (hosted by the Institutional Repository of the Cappadocia University)
The licensing agreement requires all authors to give CJAS permission to publish and archive their work electronically. CJAS does not ask authors to transfer any copyrights to the journal. The author(s) retain all copyrights of their articles. However, authors grant the publisher non-exclusive publishing rights to publish their articles. CJAS publishes only original materials, that is, works that have not been previously published elsewhere.
All authors and users are free to use, reproduce, or distribute the works published in CJAS in any way they prefer on the condition that the reproduced/redistributed material clearly acknowledges that it was originally published in CJAS. Authors should avoid engaging in new contractual or licensing agreements that will influence the existing rights of CJAS.
Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts or abstracts of the material published in CJAS, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission as long as they cite and credit the source.
Personal data provided by the users and authors are processed by CJAS in accordance with The Law on the Protection of Personal Data numbered 6698, its secondary regulations and miscellaneous legislation regarding protection of personal data in scope of this clarification text.
Personal data means all types of information which may define your identity or make it definable in accordance with the Law on the Protection of Personal Data.
To reach the official website of the Personal Data Protection Authority of Turkey and the Law on the Protection of Personal Data, please follow this link.